Location: Columbus Regional Hospital
Dept: 7724 Columbus Regional Health General Surgery
Full Time, Days, 40 hours
Requisition # 10128
Potential for $9k signing bonus on select Medical Assistant positions!
Ask CRH Recruiting about eligibility requirements via email or phone (812-376-5627).
What you need to know about this position:
- Columbus Regional Health General Surgery (CRHGS) is a general surgery and weight loss institute practice with six board certified surgeons and two nurse practitioners. CRHGS is a regional leader in surgery procedures including breast treatment, bariatric, hernia, laparoscopic and gastroenterology surgery. The office is located in Medical Office Building South, on Columbus Regional Health’s main campus.
- The role of Medical Assistant in cooperation with other office staff is responsible for maintenance of patient flow, exam room preparation and turnover, bringing patients back to the exam room, taking and recording basic medical history, and assisting the physicians and/or nurses as needed.
- In this position you would be scheduled to work Monday through Friday, from 8AM to 5PM (40 hours/week, considered full time).
- The pay range for Medical Assistants with experience working as a Medical Assistant is $15.66 – $23.50. Compensation is competitive based on your years of experience working as a Medical Assistant.
What is required for this position:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Certification or Registration as a medical assistant required through a recognized certification organization such as the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA); American Medical Technologists (AMT); Medical Assistant Certification from the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP); National Healthcare Association (NHA) or the Accreditation Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) must be obtained within 90 days of employment
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required within 30 days of hire