Location: Columbus Regional Hospital
Dept: 6870 Medical Oncology
Full Time, Days, 40 hours
Requisition # 10185
Potential for up to $5,000 signing bonus on select CST positions!
Ask CRH Recruiting about eligibility requirements via email or phone (812-376-JOBS or 5627).
What you need to know about the Lead Nurse – Oncology Services position:
- The Medical Oncology Department focuses on the overall care of patients diagnosed with cancer or a hematologic disorder. Patients seen in this department will often require ongoing testing, chemo/immunotherapy and close follow up care. The coordination of the cancer patient care is vital and takes a dedicated team of nurses, medical assistants, schedulers, physicians and support team staff members.
- This position is responsible and accountable for the day-to-day direction of staff, identification of staffing needs, and the coordination of patient care and department activities. They are responsible for direct oversight of department staff and may act as an extension of the manager when the manager is not present. They assist the manager in meeting operational goals and responsibilities. They provide leadership, supervision, organization, conflict management and clinical expertise. A consistent expectation for this role is interaction with patients, families, physicians, nursing managers/NAC, a variety of staff members, and other multi-disciplinary team members. This team member assists the Manager in assessing the quality of care, supports staff development, cost containment, and actively participates in evaluation of staff performance.
- The base hourly rate for this position is $34.77. Individual compensation is determined for this position through years of directly relevant experience. The hourly compensation is only a portion of the total rewards package, and a comprehensive benefits program is available for qualifying positions.
- This position will require you to work Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, 40 hours per week.
What is required for this position:
Education and/or Experience
- Graduate of a school of nursing required upon hire.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) required within three (3) years of hire required.
- Expert knowledge of the discipline process preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
- Licensed (currently) as Registered Nurse (RN) in Indiana required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Specialty certification within two (2) years of hire preferred.