Location: Columbus Regional Hospital Physicians
Dept: 7690 Promptmed- 25th Street
Full Time, Days, 36 hours
Requisition # 10283
What you need to know about this position:
- Urgent Care facility with seven patient rooms and a lab/procedure room that sees a range of patients from acute illness to laceration repairs and fractures
- Average of 100 patients per day with two to three providers, three to four Medical Assistants and a Radiologic Technologist on duty at all times
- The hourly range for this position is between $15.89 and $23.85. Individual compensation is determined for this position through years of directly relevant experience. The hourly compensation is only a portion of the total rewards package and a comprehensive benefits program is available for qualifying positions.
- This position will require you to work primarily 7:00am to 7:00pm 36 hours weekly, with 2 weekend shifts a month.
What is required for this position:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program required; or completion of a credentialing test within 90 days of employment
- Certification or Registration as a medical assistant required through a recognized certification organization such as the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA); American Medical Technologists (AMT); Medical Assistant Certification from the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP); National Healthcare Association (NHA) or the Accreditation Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) must be obtained within 90 days of employment
- Minimum of one year of Primary Care Experience preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required within 30 days of hire