Location: Columbus Regional Hospital
Dept: 9702 Protective & Risk Services
Full Time, Nights, 40 hours
Requisition # 10305
What you need to know about this position:
- As a newly established Hospital Police Department we are a very progressive and active department. We are seeking candidates that have the desire and ability to model the 5 elements of our Hospital Police Mission Statement: Compassion, Respect, Honor, Professionalism and Dedication.
- “The mission of the Columbus Regional Hospital Police Department is to maintain a Safe and Civil Environment for our patients, visitors and workforce in support of creating a healing environment. We will remain committed to showing Compassion for patients, Respect for each other, while serving with Honor, Professionalism and Dedication to those that we serve”.
- In October of 2019 The Columbus Regional Health (CRH) Protective Services Department was designated a “Program of Distinction” by the International Association for Healthcare Security and Safety (IAHSS). CRH is one of 44 organizations that have earned the honor in the United States and Canada, and one of only two programs of distinction in the state of Indiana.
- The Hospital Police Officer position has a minimum base hourly rate of $19.85, pay commensurate with experience.
- This position will require you to work 6:00PM – 6:00AM; 40 weekly hours. Weekend rotation and holiday is work as scheduled.
What is required for this position:
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Law Enforcement experience preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid driver’s license required, and must meet the hospital's liability insurance carrier requirements.
- Indiana Law Enforcement Academy Tier I or Tier II Police Certification within one year of hire required.
- Completion of Certified Basic Healthcare Security Officer (CBHSO) within one year of hire required.
- Taser Certification within one year of hire required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.