Location: Columbus Regional Hospital
Dept: 6195 VIMCare
Full Time, Days, 40 hours
Requisition # 10385
Potential for $9k signing bonus on select Medical Assistant positions!
Ask CRH Recruiting about eligibility requirements via email or phone (812-376-5627).
What you need to know about this position:
- As a member of the Columbus Regional Health, VIMCare Clinic is a primary care clinic that serves as the community’s solution to a critical lack of access to primary healthcare for low-income or uninsured residents of Bartholomew County.
- The role our Medical Assistants play may vary but include responsibility for routine back office functions, bringing patients back to exam room, taking and recording basic medical history, and assisting the physicians and/or nurse as needed.
- The pay range for Medical Assistants with experience working as a Medical Assistant is $15.66 – $23.50. Compensation is competitive based on your years of experience working as a Medical Assistant.
- This position requires a shift of 8:00AM – 4:30PM; Monday – Friday; 40 weekly hours.
What is required for this position:
- Upon hire, you must have:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Upon 30 days of hire you must have:
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required within 30 days of hire.
- Upon 90 days of hire you must have:
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program required; or completion of a credentialing test within 90 days of employment.
- Certification or Registration as a medical assistant required through a recognized certification organization such as the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA); American Medical Technologists (AMT); Medical Assistant Certification from the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP); National Healthcare Association (NHA) or the Accreditation Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) must be obtained within 90 days of employment.