Location: Southeastern Indiana Medical Holdings, Inc.
Dept: 6630 Operating Room
Full Time, Days, 40 hours
Requisition # 10412
What you need to know about this position:
- This position performs Clinical Perfusion, which is defined as those functions necessary for the support or treatment of the cardiopulmonary/circulatory system of the patient.
- This position operates extracorporeal circulation equipment during any medical situation where it is necessary to support or replace the patient's cardiopulmonary /circulatory function.
- The CRH Surgical and Cardiovascular Services program performs over100 adult cardiac cases per year to include CABG, Valves and TAVRs as well as over 500 adult vascular surgery cases.
- Ensures the proper management of physiologic functions by monitoring the necessary variables.
- The base hourly rate for this position is $61.29. Individual compensation is determined for this position through years of directly relevant experience. The hourly compensation is only a portion of the total rewards package, and a comprehensive benefits program is available for qualifying positions.
- This position will require you to work 40 weekly hours, which will fluctuate as needed, with weekend, holiday and on call rotations This is a full time position and is benefit eligible
What is required for this position:
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in the fields of Chemistry and Biology, is required.
- Perfusion experience in applying knowledge of biology, chemistry and physiology in a hospital operating room setting required.
- Experience with cardiovascular and respiratory systems, physiology, anatomy, mechanical and electronic equipment as well as new innovations in the field of open-heart surgery required.
- Open-heart surgery and surgical perfusion procedure experience required.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
- Certified Clinical Perfusionist (CCP) certification through the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion (ABCP) required.