Location: Columbus Regional Hospital
Dept: 9806 Risk Management
Full Time, Days, 40 hours
Requisition # 10580
This position is open to current CRH employees only.
What you need to know about this position:
- The Clinical Risk Manager is responsible for the health system’s clinical risk management activities and for partnering with internal and external stakeholders on behalf of the system.
- Working across multiple internal audiences, this role administers the clinical management program to include conducting risk management assessment and developing improvement plans, developing and conducting relevant educational programs, building and reporting on risk data and offering recommendations.
- Through external communications, this role represents the system to accrediting and regulatory agencies and through legal transactions.
- This role plays a pivotal leadership role in functioning as a resource for the system and facilitating a Just Culture while promoting continuous learning and improvement.
- This position reports to Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer.
- This position does not provide direct patient care.
What the successful candidate will bring to this position:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination or education and experience required. Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
- Certified Professional in Health Care Risk Management (CPHRM) required within 2 years of hire.
- Indiana Registered Nurse License or Multi-State Registered Nurse License through the Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC) and at least 10 years’ experience as a practicing RN.
- At least 2 years of leadership experience.
- Demonstrated experience in communicating with varying audience levels, influencing others (regardless of reporting structure), building genuine rapport expediently, and knowing how to balance strict regulations with innovation or change.