Location: Columbus Regional Hospital
Dept: 8102 Nursing Resources
Flexible Scheduling, Days, 4 hours
Requisition # 10781
Opportunity for Senior Level BSN Nursing Students!!
What you need to know about this position:
- As a member of Nurses Resources (sometimes called the float pool), you are at the core of ensuring we have the nursing staff in the right place at the right to meet the needs of our inpatient units.
- You have the opportunity to "float" to units giving you the chance to broaden your knowledge and experience.
- The Clinical Support Technician will assist in the provision and coordination of competent, evidence-based care, which includes assessment, diagnosis, outcome identification, planning, implementation, and evaluation under direct supervision of a Registered Nurse. The Clinical Support Technician participates in decision-making, teaching, and collaboration with the multidisciplinary team to advance the patient plan of care, achieve outcomes and enhance operational efficiency.
- Working with a nurse, you engage with patients through multiple activities including answering call lights and questions, providing assistance with daily living activities and taking vital signs.
- The base hourly rate for this position is $16.24. Individual compensation is determined for this position through years of directly relevant experience and does include shift differentials and premium pay as applicable. The hourly compensation is only a portion of the total rewards package and a comprehensive benefits program is available for qualifying positions.
- The Days Student Flex position, 7:00AM -7:30PM is not benefit eligible but is designed for current senior level BSN Nursing Students to obtain direct patient care experience under the direct supervision of an RN.
- Must work 1 shift (12 hours) per pay period with a holiday rotation requirement.
- New Employee Orientation and Clinical Support Technician orientation scheduled on the week of June 19, 2023.
What is required for this position:
- Upon hire you must have:
- Successfully completed junior year of an accredited nursing program.
- Within 30 days of hire you must have:
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
(If you do not have BLS, CRH provides training and time to acquire certification after employment.)
- This position requires regular standing, is frequently required to walk and push or pull, occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear, and taste or smell. This position must frequently lift and/or move greater than 50 lbs.