Location: Columbus Regional Hospital
Dept: 7195 Lab Specimen Procurement
Full Time, Days, 40 hours
Requisition # 10859
What you need to know about this position:
- The Lead Phlebotomist coordinates and assists with the daily operations to maintain a smooth and timely flow of patient’s specimens, testing/analysis, and reporting of results.
- The Lead Phlebotomist models and mentors growth and development of the staff and acts as a resource person.
- The Lead Phlebotomist works collaboratively with lab management and the technical supervisors, Lab Education Coordinator, Lead Technologists, professional technical staff members, pathologists, and other CRH employees to meet laboratory expectations.
- Lead phlebotomists have a base hourly rate of $17.46 that is commensurate with experience and may be eligible for a shift differential
- This position will require you to work a shift of 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM, Monday – Friday. 40 hours per week, full-time with a weekend and holiday rotation. Shift may vary based on needs.
What is required for this position:
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Two years or more of experience in a phlebotomy setting required
- Experience in supervising or leading a team is preferred
- Phlebotomy certification through the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or equivalent certification preferred
- Must have valid Indiana driver’s license, and meet the hospital’s liability insurance carrier requirements
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required