Location: Columbus Regional Hospital
Dept: 8202 Health Information
Full Time, Days, 40 hours
Requisition # 10873
What you need to know about the Coding Auditor position:
- The Health Information Department focuses on quality and completeness of the medical record and coded data associated.
- This position is responsible for retrospective review of the clinical documentation in the medical records to assess quality of concurrent reviews for accurate and complete documentation which appropriately supports the severity of patient illness and evidence-based patient care.
- The hourly range for this position is between $36.94 and $59.00. Individual compensation is determined for this position through years of directly relevant experience. The hourly compensation is only a portion of the total rewards package and a comprehensive benefits program is available for qualifying positions.
- This position will require you to work Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, 40 hours per week.
What is required for this position
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or Health Information Administration required.
- 5 years clinical documentation integrity experience required.
- Experience auditing/educating preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
- Certified Clinical Documentation Specialist (CCDS), Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), or Registered Nurse License required.
- Dual credentials Certified Clinical Documentation Specialist (CCDS), Certified Documentation Improvement Practitioner (CDIP), Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), and/or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) preferred.