Location: Columbus Regional Hospital
Dept: 8201 Clinical Quality Management
Full Time, Days, 40 hours
Requisition # 10948
What you need to know about this position:
- The Infection Prevention Specialist will work under the direction of the Program Manager – System Infection Prevention to develop, implement, and evaluate the overall infection prevention program to provide a safe, sanitary, and comfortable environment.
- This role will support the development of plans and actions that include coordinating infection surveillance, education, administrative, and control measures to assure that the transmission risks and complications of infections and infectious diseases are minimized for patients, team members, and visitors.
- This is a full time position, Monday through Friday, 7:00am-3:30pm and may occasionally require an early morning start for meetings or other commitments.
- The hourly range for this position is between $29.73 and $47.47. Individual compensation is determined for this position through years of directly relevant experience. The hourly compensation is only a portion of the total rewards package and a comprehensive benefits program is available for qualifying positions.
What is required for this position:
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree required.
- Three (3) years clinical and infection control experience in a healthcare setting required.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
- Certification in Infection Prevention and Control (CIC) within 1 (one) year of hire required.