Location: Columbus Regional Hospital
Dept: 8205 CRHP Coding
Full Time, Days, 40 hours
Requisition # 11012
What you need to know about this position:
- Responsible for evaluating and auditing provider coding and documentation compliance to determine appropriate code assignments for diagnoses and services performed (HCPCS/CPT codes).
- Develops quality audit reports that identify trends and educational opportunities.
- Responsible for training and educating providers, clinical staff, and departments, one-on-one and in a group setting, on all aspects of coding and documentation utilizing both oral and written direction.
- Prepares training and presentations on applicable topics.
- Serves as a resource for information or clarification on accurate and ethical coding and documentation standards, guidelines, and regulatory requirements and new coding initiatives.
- Proactively identifies areas of opportunity to improve coding quality based on audit feedback, coder questions, physician escalations, denial meetings, and other platforms and plans provider education accordingly.
- Assists in the formulation and review of policies and guidelines affecting the coding of professional services.
- Accurately applies ICD-9-CM, ICD 10 CM and CPT-4 classification systems, utilizing Optum.
- Assists Manager with monitoring, coordinating and responding to external audits and questions. This position does not provide direct patient care.
- Requires strong organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines independently.
- Requires the ability to professionally interact with physicians and mid-level providers with strong skill in verbal and written communications and customer relations.
- The hourly range for this position is between $26.39 and $39.60. Individual compensation is determined for this position through years of directly relevant experience. The hourly compensation is only a portion of the total rewards package and a comprehensive benefits program is available for qualifying positions.
- In this position you will be required to work full time, 8:00AM-5:00PM, Monday through Friday.
- This position is partially remote eligible.
What is required of this position:
Education and/or Experience
- A minimum of 5 years of coding and audit experience required.
- 7 years of coding and/or audit experience with additional experience performing training and providing feedback to coding and physician audiences preferred.
- Previous experience in management, quality improvement, compliance, auditing and revenue cycle related activities preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Information Management or other healthcare related degree preferred.
- A score of 90% or higher on the Coding Assessment Tool is required.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
- One of the following is required:
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS)
- Certified Coding Specialist – Physician Based (CCS-P)
- Certified Outpatient Coder (COC )
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC )
- Certified Inpatient Coder (CIC)
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA)
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT)
- Certified Professional Medical Auditor (CPMA) or Certified Documentation Improvement Practitioner (CDIP) certification preferred