Location: Columbus Regional Hospital
Dept: 9702 Protective & Risk Services
Full Time, Nights, 40 hours
Requisition # 11139
What you need to know about the position:
- In October 2019 The Columbus Regional Health (CRH) Protective Services Department was designated a “Program of Distinction” by the International Association for Healthcare Security and Safety (IAHSS). CRH is one of 44 organizations that have earned the honor in the United States and Canada, and one of only two programs of distinction in the state of Indiana.
- The Security Officer ensures the safety of patients, visitors, employees, and doctors; officers will consider the life span age relationship and a safe environment needs to be maintained from infants to older adults.
- The Security Officer positions have a base hourly rate of $18.76 and is commensurate with experience.
- This position will require you to work primarily 6:00PM – 6:00AM; 40 weekly hours with weekend rotation.
What is required for this position:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid driver’s license required. Must meet the hospital's liability insurance carrier requirements
- Must complete and maintain a valid BLS/C PR card.
- Completion of Defensive Tactics certification within 1st year (replaced Pressure Point Control Tactics certification).
- Completion of Certified Basic Healthcare Security Officer (CBHSO) within 1st year.
- Complete and maintain Taser Certification prior to completion of 3rd year, failure to achieve may lead to dismissal of position.
Communication ability necessary – assertive communication, collaboration verbally, non-verbally and in writing with all health care team members, courteous mannerisms, active listening. Common sense and well-developed interpersonal relations skills necessary.
Officers will be responsible for conducting and delivering just in time training during Red Alert Drills for the hospital staff.
Officers will be expected to learn and demonstrate ability to use a variety of hospital security equipment.