Location: Columbus Regional Hospital
Dept: 6040 4T Med Surg Stepdown
Part Time A, Nights, 24 hours
Requisition # 11218
What you need to know about this position:
- Our Medical Surgical Stepdown Unit (SDU) is a 13-bed unit with a nurse to patient ratio of 1:3-4.
- Patients on this unit could include respiratory failure with BiPAP, sepsis management, severe electrolyte inbalances, post-surgery management of thoracotomies/VATS, wedge resections, vascular procedures and other surgeries.
- As a Patient Care Technician II you play an important role in our patient's experience and safety-you are typically the first face a patient sees when he/she enters the unit and the face he/she sees most frequently. You would also have additional duties to perform unique to the department such as performing cardiac monitoring and interpretation and Stat EKG.
- Working with a nurse, you engage with patients through multiple activities including answering call lights and questions, providing assistance with daily living activities and taking vital signs.
- The base hourly rate for this position is $16.24. Individual compensation is determined for this position through years of directly relevant experience and does include shift differentials and premium pay as applicable. The hourly compensation is only a portion of the total rewards package and a comprehensive benefits program is available for qualifying positions.
- In this position you would be scheduled to work 2 -12-hour Nights shifts (24 hours/week, considered part-time) with start/end times of 7:00PM -7:30AM with a holiday and weekend requirement.
- With at least 16 hours per week this position is benefit eligible.
What is required for this position:
- Upon hire, you must have:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Verifiable work experience.
- Health care-related work experience is preferred.
- Within 30 days of hire you must have:
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- While being a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) is not required, we encourage CNAs to apply for our Patient Care Tech (PCT) positions.
(If you do not have it, CRH provides training and time to acquire certification after employment.)
- This position requires regular standing, is frequently required to walk and push or pull, occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear, and taste or smell. This position must frequently lift and/or move greater than 50 lbs.