Location: Southeastern Indiana Medical Holdings, Inc.
Dept: 8403 Sterile Processing
Full Time, Days, 32 hours
Requisition # 11274
What you need to know about this position:
- The Central Processing team ensures that the team members across the hospital have the clean and sterile equipment necessary to provide patient care.
- In this position, you are responsible for monitoring the cleaning and sterilization equipment as it processes patient care instruments and equipment.
- This position does not provide direct patient care.
- The base hourly rate for this position is $15.00. Individual compensation is determined for this position through years of directly relevant experience and does include shift differentials and premium pay as applicable. The hourly compensation is only a portion of the total rewards package and a comprehensive benefits program is available for qualifying positions.
- In this position you would be scheduled to work 4 days a week, 8-hour days, varied hours (32 hours/week, considered full-time).
- With at least 16 hours per week this position is benefit eligible.
What is required for this position:
- Upon hire, you must have:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Basic computer experience.
- Within 1 year of hire
- Attempt achievement of national certification (Certified Registered Central Service Technician – C RC ST).
- Within 2 years of hire
- Achieve national certification (Certified Registered Central Service Technician – C RC ST).
- Minimal exposure to basic aseptic technique, medical terminology or other healthcare environment preferred.
- The employee is regularly required to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time, required use of hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk or hear and push or pull, is occasionally required to sit and must be capable of routinely lifting up to 60 lbs and pushing loaded carts weighing in excess of 200 lbs.