Location: Columbus Regional Hospital
Dept: 6050 5T Orthopedics
Full Time, Nights, 36 hours
Requisition # 11680
Potential for $9k signing bonus on select Patient Care Technician positions!
Ask CRH Recruiting about eligibility requirements via email or phone (812-376-5627).
What you need to know about this position:
- Our Orthopedics unit is a 15 bed inpatient nursing unit with an emphasis on wellness and rehabilitation.
- The patients on this unit are primarily post-surgical orthopedics, GYN and urological populations.
- As a Patient Care Technician I, you play an important role in our patient's experience and safety-you are typically the first face a patient sees when he/she enters the unit and the face he/she sees most frequently.
- Working with a nurse, you engage with patients through multiple activities including answering call lights and questions, providing assistance with daily living activities and taking vital signs.
- The base hourly rate for this position is $15.00. Individual compensation is determined for this position through years of directly relevant experience and does include shift differentials and premium pay as applicable. The hourly compensation is only a portion of the total rewards package and a comprehensive benefits program is available for qualifying positions.
- In this position you would be scheduled to work 3 -12-hour night shifts (36 hours/week, considered full time) with start/end times of 7:00PM-7:30AM with a holiday and weekend requirement.
- With at least 16 hours per week, this position is benefit eligible.
What is required for this position:
- Upon hire, you must have:
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Verifiable work experience.
- Health care-related work experience is preferred.
- Within 30 days of hire you must have:
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- While being a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) is not required, we encourage CNAs to apply for our Patient Care Tech (PCT) positions.
(If you do not have it, CRH provides training and time to acquire certification after employment.)
- This position requires regular standing, is frequently required to walk and push or pull, occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear, and taste or smell. This position must frequently life and/or move greater than 50 lbs.