Location: Columbus Regional Hospital Physicians
Dept: 7693 Columbus Health Occ Health Center
Full Time, Days, 40 hours
Requisition # 11698
Potential for $9k signing bonus on select Medical Assistant positions!
Ask CRH Recruiting about eligibility requirements via email or phone (812-376-5627).
What you need to know about this position:
- Columbus Regional Health’s Occupational Health Services offers a full range of occupational health services designed to decrease employer costs by helping injured employees recover and get back on the job as quickly and safely as possible.
- The role our Medical Assistants play may vary but include responsibility for routine back office functions, bringing patients back to exam room, taking and recording basic medical history, and assisting the physicians and/or nurse as needed.
- The hourly range for this position is between $15.89 and $23.85. Individual compensation is determined for this position through years of directly relevant experience. The hourly compensation is only a portion of the total rewards package and a comprehensive benefits program is available for qualifying positions.
- This position will require you to work a shift of 8:00AM to 5:00PM, Monday through Friday
What is required for this position:
- Upon hire, you must have:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Upon 30 days of hire you must have:
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required within 30 days of hire
- Upon 90 days of hire you must have:
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program required; or completion of a credentialing test within 90 days of employment
- Certification or Registration as a medical assistant required through a recognized certification organization such as the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA); American Medical Technologists (AMT); Medical Assistant Certification from the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP); National Healthcare Association (NHA) or the Accreditation Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) must be obtained within 90 days of employment.
This position is regulary required to stand, frequently required to walk and push or pull, occassionally required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel crouch or crawl, talk or hear, and smell and must frequently lift and/or move greater than 5lbs.