Location: Columbus Regional Hospital
Dept: 7195 Lab Specimen Procurement
PRN, Days, 8 hours
Requisition # 11845
What you need to know about this position:
- CRH offers on the job training for this position.
- Inpatient department providing round the clock services in all areas of the hospital, our Lab Specimen Procurement department works closely as a team with up to six phlebotomists working depending on the time of day
- This department utilizes mobile dives such as Rover iPhones and printers to help correctly identify patients and ensure we are providing quality care
- The base hourly rate for this position is $15.00. Individual compensation is determined for this position through years of directly relevant experience and does include shift differentials and premium pay as applicable. The hourly compensation is only a portion of the total rewards package and a comprehensive benefits program is available for qualifying positions.
- The PRN position, with varied days and shifts, is not benefit eligible but offers a premium for hours worked, and the scheduled hours depend on the needs of the department.
What is required for this position:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- One to Three months related experience and/or training preferred – CRH does offer on the job training.
- Phlebotomy orientation require within 6 months of hire
- Phlebotomy certification through the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or equivalent certification preferred
- Must have valid Indiana driver’s license, and meet the hospital’s liability insurance carrier requirements
- Basic Life Support (BLS) by American Heart Association (AHA) required