Location: Columbus Regional Hospital Physicians
Dept: 8102 Nursing Resources
Full Time, Days, 40 hours
Requisition # 12070
What you need to know about this Medical Assistant (MA) Training Program:
- This eight (8) week training program developed in partnership with Ivy Tech includes classroom and hands-on clinical training that will fulfill the learning requirements and prepare you for the CCMA exam.
- This program will begin February 12, 2023.
- This is a Full Time training program, 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm.
- While in training, you will earn $15.00, and you can expect to receive an increase in pay once you are certified and working as a Medical Assistant.
- Class sizes are limited, and you will be expected to commit yourself to the program and to a Full Time Medical Assistant role with CRH after certification.
- The application process will include a written essay and group interview.
What is required for this Medical Assistant Training Program:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification within 30 days of hire (available through this program).
What you need to know about the Medical Assistant position (after training program completion):
- A member of the Columbus Regional Health Physicians team, practices across the health system have been awarded recognition by the National Committee for Quality Assurance Patient-Centered Medical Home Program.
- The role our Medical Assistants play may vary but include responsibility for routine back office functions, bringing patients back to exam room, taking and recording basic medical history, and assisting the physicians and/or nurse as needed.
- The hourly range for this position is between $15.89 and $23.85. Individual compensation is determined for this position through years of directly relevant experience. The hourly compensation is only a portion of the total rewards package and a comprehensive benefits program is available for qualifying positions.
- Medical Assistant position shifts vary from practice, though typical shifts range between the hours of 7:00AM-7:00PM, 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday. Some weekends are required.
What is required for the Medical Assistant position (after training program completion):
- Upon hire, you must have:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Upon 30 days of hire you must have:
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required within 30 days of hire (available through this program).
- Upon 90 days of hire you must have:
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program required; or completion of a credentialing test within 90 days of employment.
- Certification or Registration as a medical assistant required through a recognized certification organization such as the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA); American Medical Technologists (AMT); Medical Assistant Certification from the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP); National Healthcare Association (NHA) or the Accreditation Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) must be obtained within 90 days of employment.
This position is regularly required to stand, frequently required to walk and push or pull, occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel crouch or crawl, talk or hear, and smell and must frequently lift and/or move greater than 5lbs.