Location: Columbus Regional Hospital
Dept: 6025 Central Telemetry
Full Time, Nights, 36 hours
Requisition # 12143
What you need to know about this position:
- Recognized as one of the top 50 Cardiovascular Hospitals by IBM Watson Health, our Cardiac Stepdown/Telemetry unit (SDU) is a 17-bed unit with a nurse to patient ratio of 1:3-4.
- As a Cardiac Monitor Technician, you play an important role in our patient's experience and safety. Under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, you will observe the cardiac rhythms, blood pressures, and oxygen saturation of patients on a cardiac telemetry transmitter unit. You will also help maintain the units and monitor supplies for the telemetry system.
- The base hourly rate for the Cardiac Monitor Technician is $17.63. Individual compensation is determined for this position through years of directly relevant experience and does include shift differentials and premium pay as applicable. The hourly compensation is only a portion of the total rewards package and a comprehensive benefits program is available for qualifying positions.
- In this position you would be scheduled to work 3 – 12-hour night shifts (36 hours/week, considered full time) with start/end times of 7PM to 7:30AM with a holiday and weekend requirement.
- With at least 16 hours per week, this position is benefit eligible.
What is required for this position:
- Upon hire, you must have:
- High school diploma or GED.
- 1 year of Telemetry experience preferred.
- Within 30 days of hire you must have (CRH provides training and time to acquire certification after employment):
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Within 3 years of hire you must have (CRH provides training and time to acquire certification after employment):
- Telemetry certification.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.