Location: Columbus Regional Hospital Physicians
Dept: 8102 Nursing Resources
Flexible Scheduling, Days, 8 hours
Requisition # 12162
What you need to know about this position:
- As a member of Nurses Resources (sometimes called the float pool), you are at the core of ensuring we have the staff in the right place at the right time to meet the needs of our CRHP medical practices.
- You have the opportunity to "float" to primary Care and specialist office's giving you the chance to broaden your knowledge and experience.
- The role our Medical Assistant Liaison plays may vary but include responsibility for routine back office functions, bringing patients back to exam rooms, taking and recording basic medical history, and assisting the physicians and/or nurse as needed. Provides classroom and individualized training around practice procedures and EPIC system to Medical Assistants.
- Our Medical Assistant Liaison position has a base hourly rate of $19.96. Individual compensation is determined for this position through years of directly relevant experience. The hourly compensation is only a portion of the total rewards package, and a comprehensive benefits program is available for qualifying positions.
- This FLEX position will require you to work from 8:AM-5:00PM (Monday-Friday), as needed by the department.
What is required for this position:
- Upon hire, you must have:
- Certification or Registration as a medical assistant required through a recognized certification organization such as the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA); American Medical Technologists (AMT); Medical Assistant Certification from the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP); National Healthcare Association (NHA) or the Accreditation Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) or must obtain within 90 days of employment.
- Minimum of one (1) year of Primary Care Experience preferred. Candidates who have performed an externship in a private practice setting may be considered.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Epic Credentialed Training Certification required within 12 months of hire.