Location: Columbus Regional Hospital
Requisition # 56867215
Columbus Regional Health Physicians has an excellent opportunity for a PRN Pediatric Hospitalist to join our expanding team of Hospital Care Physicians.
The ideal candidate should be board eligible or board certified in Pediatrics.
- Preference is to have availability for both shifts needed – 7p-7a and 7a-7p. However, we can work with someone who would only be available for one shift or the other.
- Coverage needed for unexpected absences, school breaks and conferences.
- Available to start in January 2024.
- This will be an ongoing PRN contract. Tentative dates with flexibility are March 7th-16th, 2024.
- Responsible for rounding on pediatric inpatients & newborns. NRP certified.
- Procedures: Neonatal Resuscitation, Lumbar Puncture, Circumcision (preferred), Emergency Needle Thoracentesis, Umbilical Lines.
- Attendance of high-risk deliveries and resuscitation of newborns as needed.
- Must be available on-call within 20 minutes.
- Level 1 & Level II Nursery with average 1300 births per year.
- Level 2 NICU. 2-4 patient average; Keep 32 weeks 1500g and up if stable for level II (CPAP, HVNC, IV fluids, tube feedings, antibiotics) otherwise stabilize and transfer to level III or IV (LDRP 17 rooms – nurses float to peds floor, if needed.
- Pediatric Unit. 1-3 patient average. 4-6 average during busy season.
- 6 rooms; 5 of those could be double bed, if needed.
- Emergency Room Consults – 3-5 per week
- EPIC EMR
- A Call room is available in the birthing center. The two units are not far apart.
Where You’ll Work: Columbus Regional Hospital, Columbus IN.
Columbus Regional Health Physicians is committed to improving local access to care in Columbus and surrounding communities. Our team of like-minded providers offers high quality, patient-centered care as well as a more satisfying experience for patients and families with a focus on maintaining continuity of care throughout the group. With over 225 providers, our tradition of excellence extends to all aspects of care from routine check-ups to leading-edge surgical procedures. The outpatient Pediatric clinics in Columbus no longer round on patients at CRH.
Who You’ll Work For- Hospital Care Physicians @ Columbus Regional Hospital
Hospital Care Physicians is part of Columbus Regional Health Physicians. CRHP is a wholly owned subsidiary of Columbus Regional Health, a system of physicians, healthcare professionals, out-patient centers and more. Together our innovative thinking is redefining the delivery of healthcare in Southeastern Indiana.
As a physician with Columbus Regional Physicians, you join a network encompassing many specialties. You will also receive administrative support allowing you to focus on patient care and service. The hospital provides 24-hour emergency and inpatient services, rehabilitation services, surgical services, and laboratory and diagnostic services.
The Team at Columbus Regional Health provides a True System of Care.