Location: Columbus Regional Hospital
Dept: 6185 Lung Institute
PRN, Days, 8 hours
Requisition # 7090
What you need to know about this position:
- The Lung Institute Pulmonary Specialty practice located inside Columbus Regional Hospital provides care and diagnostic testing for patients with a wide variety of lung issues, including COPD, Asthma, Pulmonary hypertension, and lung cancer.
- The role our Medical Assistants play may vary but include responsibility for routine back office functions, bringing patients back to exam room, taking and recording basic medical history, and assisting the physicians and/or nurse as needed.
- Our Medical Assistant position has a base hourly rate of $14.37 that is commensurate with experience.
- This position is PRN, and requires a shift of 8:00AM – 4:30PM; Monday through Friday
What is required for this position:
- Upon hire you must have:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Upon 30 days of hire you must have:
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required within 30 days of hire
- Upon 90 days of hire you must have:
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program required; or completion of a credentialing test within 90 days of employment
- Certification or Registration as a medical assistant required through a recognized certification organization such as the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA); American Medical Technologists (AMT); Medical Assistant Certification from the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP); National Healthcare Association (NHA) or the Accreditation Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) must be obtained within 90 days of employment.