Location: Columbus Regional Hospital
Dept: 6270 Neuro-Diagnostics
Full Time, Days, 40 hours
Requisition # 7232
What you need to know about this position:
- The Neuro/Sleep Diagnostics Center is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Health Care (ACHC). The Neurodiagnostics department is housed within the hospital. Outpatient testing is performed in a private and tranquil setting. The technologist has an adjoining office on a West facing Tower with a spectacular view of Columbus, which electro-neurodiagnostics testing is recorded and monitored from. Inpatient testing is performed in this area or in their room (portable EEG testing).
- The department is also a part of the sleep center which has 6 bedrooms, offers testing 7 nights a week. The center employs (3) Board Certified Sleep Physicians, (1) Board Registered Electroencephalographic Technologist (R.EEG.T), (1) Neurodiagnostics Technician, (4) Board Registered Sleep Technologists (RPSGT), (3) Registered Respiratory Therapists (RRT), and (1) Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT).
- The Neurodiagnostics department has state of the art equipment; using Cadwell. The Cadwell system interfaces with the electronic medical record, which is Epic.
- The position requires cross-training in Polysomnography (sleep testing) for day time sleep testing. Individual will work inpatient settings, which include ICU, Neonatal Nursery, Cancer Center, Recovery, Emergency Room, and all Nursing Units. The outpatient settings which includes EEG, Evoked Potential, and the Sleep diagnostic testing. Testing is performed on all age groups.
- The sleep center is located on the Columbus Regional Hospital campus with around the clock security, and convenient employee parking. The building is both beautiful and serene, offering seasonal gardens, water features and fountains, a fireplace and sofas in the lobby. The centers appearance is reminiscent of a high-end hotel.
- Our Neuro Diagnostic Technologist position has a base hourly rate of $23.00 that is commensurate with experience.
- This position will require you to work a shift of 7:00AM – 3:30PM, 40 hours a week, and may require after hours and weekends as needed.
What is required for this position:
- One year certificate from college or technical school
- Six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Enrollment in, or graduation from a Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) accredited Neurodiagnostics Program is desired.
- Board Registered Electroencephalographic Technologist (R.EEG.T) or is board eligible to sit for the exam within one year of hire.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification