Location: Columbus Regional Hospital
Dept: 6880 Radiation Oncology
Full Time, Days, 40 hours
Requisition # 7373
What you need to know about this position:
- The Cancer Center houses numerous types of employees ranging from Social Work, Dietary, MA’s, RN’s, Schedulers, Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Pharmacy, and Financial Advocacy.
- The Medical Assistant position has a base hourly rate of $15.43 (effective 10/24/2021) that is commensurate with experience
- This position will require you to work a shift of 8:00AM – 5:00PM; 40 weekly hours.
What is required for this position:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program required; or completion of a credentialing test within 90 days of employment
- Certification or Registration as a medical assistant required through a recognized certification organization such as the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA); American Medical Technologists (AMT); Medical Assistant Certification from the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP); National Healthcare Association (NHA) or the Accreditation Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) must be obtained within 90 days of employment
- Minimum of one year of Primary Care Experience preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required within 30 days of hire