Location: Columbus Regional Hospital
Dept: 9803 Medical Staff Recruitment
Full Time, Days, 40 hours
Requisition # 7567
What you need to know about the position:
- Reporting to the Vice President & Chief Experience Officer, the Director of System Physician Recruitment & Retention is responsible for planning, developing, and directing strategic physician recruitment and physician employment programs, including leading the work of two individual contributors on the team.
- In this role, you will be responsible for planning/executing strategies and tactics in accordance with the needs and goals of the organization, and initiating and improving processes like sourcing, selection, onboarding, development and retention of physicians. This role requires familiarity with a variety of the healthcare industry's contemporary concepts, practices, and procedures related to physician recruitment.
- This position will require you to work primarily Monday-Friday office hours, but may also require hours outside these times to meet the needs of the organization and our providers. This position is eligible for partial remote employment status, but will be required to be on-site (at the CRH main hospital campus and/or physician practice buildings – all located in Columbus, IN) routinely for leadership duties, recruitment & retention events, tours/site-visits, and provider orientations.
What is required for this position:
- Upon hire, you must have:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 7-10 years relevant experience required (conducting staff, professional and/or provider recruitment) in a healthcare setting
- 3-5 years leadership experience required, with some leadership experience specific to recruitment (could include Practice Management or HR Business Partner/leadership that interacted regularly with physician employment)
- Competitive qualifications may also include:
- Master's degree preferred.
- Current certification as a professional medical staff/physician recruiter, such as FASPR or CMSR, is preferred.
This position is regularly required to talk or hear, frequently required to sit, occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms and must occasional lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.