Location: Columbus Regional Hospital
Dept: 9103 CRH Patient Financial Services
Full Time, Days, 40 hours
Requisition # 7587
What you need to know about this position:
- Our Contract Management Specialist is primarily responsible for overseeing the payer contracts including coordinating with IT on loading them into Epic, maintaining the files of the contracts and all payer correspondence, coordinating payer meetings with various Revenue Cycle teams, and monitoring for payer contract performance. They are also called upon for ad hoc analysis around denials and various payer/reimbursement related efforts.
- The Contract Management Specialists role is to ensure the contracts loaded into Epic are as accurate as possible and to assist in maximizing Net Collections where possible.
- The PFS Contract Management Specialist position has a base hourly rate of $24.97, which annualized is $51,938, pay is commensurate with experience
- This position will require you to work 8:00AM – 5:00PM; Monday through Friday
What is required for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree required within 1 year of hire
- 5-7+ years of experience in areas of network management, contracting, hospital and physician reimbursement, contract management, managed care, payer credentialing, billing, coding, and overall revenue cycle strongly preferred.
- Progressively responsible work experience in healthcare in a Provider Relations/Customer Service environment or equivalent role preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of healthcare managed care principles and understanding of contract language, fees schedules, reimbursement methodologies, CPTs, HCPCS, APCs, DRGs, AND OPPS required.