Location: Southeastern Indiana Medical Holdings, Inc.
Dept: 9202 Administration
Full Time, Days, 40 hours
Requisition # 7699
What you need to know about this position:
- This position reports to the Vice President and Chief Administrative Officer, and provides direct legal support and guidance to the Board of Trustees, the President and CEO, as well as other leaders of Columbus Regional Health.
- The General Counsel is expected to develop and maintain the legal capacities of the organization through the oversight, evaluation, and supervision of all legal resources.
- Primary responsibilities include: system contract management, tracking, and reporting; providing legal guidance to other senior leaders re: strategic planning & development; organizational representation in external situations requiring legal presence, including various public relations, marketing, and legislative efforts; monitoring the various types of legal interactions occurring across the organization, which are often guided by outside specialized legal counsel.
What is required for this position:
- Juris Doctor (JD) degree from an accredited law school with 5+ years of experience in healthcare law is required.
- Knowledge of Indiana County Hospital law with multi-entity experience is preferred.
- Indiana state law license is required.