Location: Columbus Regional Hospital
Dept: 8302 Food and Nutritional Services
Full Time, Evenings, 40 hours
Requisition # 7713
What you need to know about this position:
- Enjoy using your cooking skills to prepare attractive, nutritious foods for patients at a Regional Hospital.
- Follows standardized recipes with direction from a chef and dietitian to follow physician prescribed diet order.
- Obtain and incorporate Serv Safe Certification in food preparation and cooking.
- Requires frequent walking and standing, lifting up to 10 pounds and the ability to withstand hot and cold temperatures.
- The Food and Nutritional Care department is essential in the support of patient, employee and community health.
- Dynamic team that serves approximately 450,000 meals each year.
- Food Service cooks have a base hourly rate of $13.64 that is commensurate with experience and may be eligible for a shift differential.
- The shift for this position will be 40 hours per week working 11am-7:30 pm with a weekend and holiday rotation.
What is required for this position:
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must achieve Serv Safe certification within 6 months of hire
- Must have strong customer service skills and a willingness to serve others
- Must be able to read standardized recipes