Location: Columbus Regional Hospital
Dept: 8302 Food and Nutritional Services
Full Time, Days, 40 hours
Requisition # 7744
What you need to know about this position:
- The Food and Nutrition department is essential in the support of patient, employee and community health. We are recruiting a full time Chief Clinical dietitian to become a member of our dynamic team!
- Nutrition Care is delivered in a variety of settings including inpatient units, inpatient classes, outpatient clinics and classes, scheduled individual outpatient visits, community presentations and programs.
- Our team consists of three full time dietitians, two part-time dietitians, and 1 chief clinical dietitian which provide over 31,000 nutrition interventions per year.
- The Chief Clinical Dietitian is an integral resource to the clinical dietetics staff and the patient room service staff of the Food and Nutrition Services Department.
- The Chief Clinical Dietitian will insure the continuous delivery of Medical Nutrition Therapy for inpatients and outpatients; and the continuous delivery of food compliant with diet orders for the hospitalized patient.
- Supports and implements work within the electronic medical systems (EPIC) and CBORD interface system.
- Directs the provision of medical nutrition therapy by supervising the activities of clinical dietitians, which includes nutrition screening, assessment, diagnosis, intervention and monitoring/evaluation.
- The Chief Clinical Dietitian has a base hourly rate of $31.02, annualized to $64,522 and is commensurate with experience
- This is an exempt position 40 hours per week with flexible scheduling. Does require one weekend on call every 4th weekend.
What is required for this position:
- Five years of experience in the clinical practice of dietetics.
- Experience with the delivery of Medical Nutrition Therapy and delivery of food compliant with medical nutrition therapy
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four year college or university; with a fifth year internship completed with an accredited institution, or have completed a Coordinated Undergraduate Program in Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Registration with the Commission of Dietetics
- Licensed Dietitian within the state of Indiana