Location: Columbus Regional Hospital
Dept: 7280 -Ray Ultrasound
PRN, Days, 4 hours
Requisition # 7772
What you need to know about this position:
- Provides health care services, applying sonic energy and Doppler technology to assist in diagnosis or treatment. The Vascular Technologist performs ultrasonic imaging and related procedures to demonstrate vascular anatomy for interpretation and/or intervention by, or at the request of a licensed practitioner. The Ultrasound Technologist performs ultrasonic imaging and related procedures in one of the following areas: OB/GYN, abdomen, neurosonology, and/or ophthalmology.
- Performs radiographic procedures and related techniques, producing images for interpretation by, or at the request of a licensed practitioner.
- Provides appropriate patient care and recognizes patient's conditions essential for successful completion of the procedure.
- This position has a base hourly rate of $30.72 that is commensurate with experience and may be eligible for a shift differential.
- This is a PRN position with no guarantee of hours per week. This position will primarily be used for Days shift; Sunday through Saturday
- What is required for this position:
- Minimum Education: Satisfactory completion of a formal Ultrasound training program or equivalent training to meet board eligibility requirements. Maintains CEU in building leadership skills through CRH, AHRA, and other educational opportunities.
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS) or Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT) certification required. The required CE credits must be maintained in accordance with the accrediting bodies requirements.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required within 30 days of hire.