Location: Columbus Regional Hospital
Dept: 6190 Respiratory Care
Flexible Scheduling, Days, 4 hours
Requisition # 7779
What you need to know about this position:
- Our Respiratory Therapy Services has received Quality Respiratory Care Recognition from the American Association for Respiratory Care
- Performs procedures in Respiratory Care including procedures in which the student has shown to have successfully completed as part of a respiratory program or school approved by the Indiana Respiratory Care Committee. This list of procedures will be kept in the Respiratory Care Department. Procedures may only be performed on adult patients who are not critical care patients. The student will have the proximate supervision of a licensed respiratory care practitioner. Serves all populations ages including adolescent, adult and geriatric patients, with the exception of those patients in the critical care settings. Is knowledgeable of 12-lead EKGs and serves as a member of the Code Team for the observation, proficient in CPR and knowledge of basic cardiac life support. Accountable to the manager of the Respiratory Care Department and the shift Charge Person.
- The Respiratory Therapist Associate position has a base hourly rate of $13.85 that is commensurate with experience.
- The SHIFT Student Flex position (7:00AM – 7:30PM) is not benefit eligible but is ideal for our current students who need flexibility with scheduling.
What is required for this position:
- Student must be actively enrolled in an approved program for Respiratory Therapy.
- Indiana State Student Temp Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) Permit required within 30 days of hire into position.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.