Location: Columbus Regional Hospital
Dept: 6740 Birthing Center
Full Time, Nights, 40 hours
Requisition # 7882
This position is open to current CRH employees only.
What you need to know about this position:
- Having a baby is one of life's most important experiences, and our Birthing Center provides a full range of delivery services to support needs before, during and after giving birth.
- Our Birthing Center team of experienced nurses and doctors welcome over 1,200 babies each year.
- The Lead Nurse – Birthing Center is a registered nurse who is responsible for the day-to-day direction of staff, identification of staffing needs and the coordination of patient care and department activities and may act as an extension of the manager when manager is not present.
- Our Lead Nurse models standards of practice and care delivery while also reviewing and revising department policies, standards of care and procedures in conjunction with staff, leadership and our providers.
- In addition to modeling his/her own development and professional growth, our Lead Nurse aids in facilitating new staff members’ orientation and onboarding, establishing and coordinating regular education nursing in-services and representing CRH within the community as it relates to Mothers and Babies.
- Our Lead Nurse – Birthing Center is an exempt-level/salaried position and has an annualized starting salary of $69,000 and is commensurate with experience.
- In this Full Time (40 hours per week) salaried position, you will be scheduled to work days though the exact hours may depend on the needs of the unit and our patients.
What is required for this position:
- Upon hire you must have:
- Associate of Science in Nursing or equivalent, a Bachelor of Science in Nursing is required within 3 years.
- Indiana license as a Registered Nurse.
- Three (3) years of Labor & Delivery experience in an acute setting is required, at least five (5) years of Labor & Delivery experience in an acute setting is preferred.
- Experience in leadership is preferred.
- Within 30 days of hire you must have
- Basic Life Support (BLS) by American Heart Association (AHA).
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) Certification.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification through American Heart Association (AHA).
- Within two (2) years of hire, you must receive one of the following certification through the National Certification Corporation (NCC):
- Inpatient Obstetric Nursing (RNC-OB)
- Maternal Newborn Nursing (RNC-MNN)
- This position requires frequent standing, walking, talking and listening and lifting or moving more than 50 lbs.