Location: Columbus Regional Hospital
Dept: 7870 Emergency Services
Full Time, Days, 36 hours
Requisition # 8013
What you need to know about this position:
- As the Education Coordinator in the ED, you collaborate with ED leadership, physicians and staff to identify learning or training needs, asses and evaluate current options while continuing to review other potential learning opportunities.
- As needs are identified, you present options to leadership and determine cost-effective options and may partner with RN Clinical Educators on options within CRH and/or develop and facilitate a learning internally.
- You provide interpretation as well as review and revise current practices, procedures and protocols for the ED and for CRH (as a representative of the ED).
- As the Education Coordinator in the ED, the hourly base starting is $33.75 and is commensurate with experience. This position is eligible for applicable shift differentials and Sunday/holiday premiums.
- In this position you would be scheduled to work 3 -12 hour Day shifts (36 hours per week, considered Full Time). One of the three shifts will be worked as an RN on the unit.
- With at least 16 hours per week this position is benefit eligible.
What is required for this position:
- Upon hire you must have:
- Associate of Science in Nursing, Bachelor of Science in Nursing required within 3 years of hire.
- At least 5 years clinical ED experience as an RN.
- Indiana License or a Multi-State Compact License as a Registered Nurse.
- Within 30 days you must have:
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification.
- Pediatric Advance Life Support (PALS) certification.
- Preferences for the ideal candidate include:
- Masters degree in Nursing.
- Certified Emergency Nurse certification.
This position required frequent standing, walking, talking and listening and lifting or moving more than 50lbs.