Location: Southeastern Indiana Medical Holdings, Inc.
Dept: 6690 Post Anesthesia Care Unit
Full Time, Evenings, 36 hours
Requisition # 8070
What you need to know about this position:
- Our Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) is a 13-bed unit with approximately 6,000 patient annually and is responsible for safely and efficiently recovering patients from anesthesia following a procedure.
- While your interactions with our patients might be brief your role as a Registered Nurse will be critical as you help to put the patient and his/her family at ease during recovery from anesthesia and transferring the patient to a floor or discharging home after the procedure.
- A new Registered Nurse in this unit will have an hourly base rate starting at $29.22. An experienced Registered Nurse can expect an hourly base rate in the top 25% of nurses in the region. Compensation offered is highly competitive based on years of RN experience, job performance and the market.
- **Contact CRH HR (or 812-376-5627) to learn more about our Compensation.
- RN positions are eligible for applicable shift differentials and Sunday/holiday premiums.
- In this position you would be scheduled to work 4 days one week, 5 days one week evening shifts Monday through Friday (36 hours/week, considered full time) with shift start/end times of 3pm-11pm.
- With at least 16 hours per week this position is benefit eligible.
- PACU RNs provide unit coverage on call during night, weekend, and holiday hours. This position has an on-call requirement including 1 night every other week, 4 weekends a year and a holiday rotation.
What is required for this position:
- Upon hire you must have:
- Associate of Nursing (ASN) or equivalent required; Bachelor of Nursing (BSN) preferred.
- Indiana Registered Nurse License or Multi-State Registered Nurse License through the Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC) required.
- Within 30 days of hire you must have (CRH provides training & time to acquire certification after employment):
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification.
- Pediatric Advance Life Support (PALS) certification.
- Prior surgical, PACU or ICU experience preferred.
- This position requires frequent standing, walking, talking and listening and lifting or moving more than 50 lbs.