Location: Columbus Regional Hospital
Dept: 8302 Food and Nutritional Services
Full Time, Days, 40 hours
Requisition # 8103
What you need to know about this position:
- The Manager – Food Service will report directly to the Director of Facilities and Materials Management.
- Primary responsibilities include: leading daily operations of the Food and Nutrition Services Department (includes the cafeteria, physician food service, and catering), recognizing that nutrition is a foundation to wellness and wellness is a key focus for our patients, visitors, and workforce.
- Ensuring these operations are compliant with regulatory requirements.
- In this Full Time (40 hours per week position), the core hours are Monday-Friday 8a-5p, however, the hours worked will be dependent on the needs of our patients, our staff, and the organization.
What is required for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required (e.g., Hospitality Management, Operations Management, or Nutritional Services). 3-5 years of leadership experience required and experience in healthcare preferred.
- Safe Food Handling (e.g. ServSafe) certification is required within 6 months of hire.
- Certified or Licensed Dietitian in the State of Indiana preferred.
This position does not provide direct patient care.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.