Location: Columbus Regional Hospital
Dept: 7870 Emergency Services
Full Time, Days, 40 hours
Requisition # 8197
What you need to know about this position:
- Housed in a state of the art new facility designed using voice of the customer, our Emergency department has 28 acute care rooms and 5 Rapid Medical Assessment rooms providing optimal patient experience and work flow.
- As a high energy department with 100% of physicians Board Certified in Emergency Medicine, we see an average of 45,000 patients.
- Leading a team of approximately 100 licensed and unlicensed employees, the manager is accountable for promoting a center of excellence for the staff including the measures of high quality patient care and efficient and effective operations of the department.
- The Manager is leading the day-to-day operations associated with direct patient care by proactively delegating and making decisions to mitigate risk and increase quality and safety standards.
- This position is a salaried position with a starting annualized salary of $84,000 and is commensurate with experience.
- This position will require you to work primarily Monday through Friday 8:00a-5:00p but will require hours outside these times to meet the needs of the department, its employees and department on-call requirements.
What is required for this position:
- Upon hire you must have:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
- Indiana License or a Multi-State Compact License as a Registered Nurse.
- At least 3-5 years of clinical experience as an RN in the Emergency Department.
- Upon 30 days you must have:
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Preferences for the ideal candidate include:
- Masters of Science in Nursing (MSN).
- At least 3-5 years of leadership experience in a formal manager or supervisor role.
- Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) certification.
- While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear, frequently required to sit and occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10lbs.