Location: Columbus Regional Hospital
Dept: 8104 Care Coordination
Weekend Option, Days, 16 hours
Requisition # 8266
What you need to know about this position:
- Social Services Specialist is a position within the Office of Care Coordination.
- Social Services Specialist is a Master’s Level Professional with responsibility for assessing, planning for, and meeting the needs of patients and families in order for them to gain maximum benefit from their medical care.
- Typical responsibilities may include psychosocial assessment and planning, resource referral, discharge planning, mental health assessment, and meeting many other needs for patient and families.
- The department works closely with Medical Staff Services, Clinical Care Coordinators, Nursing, Patients, and families, as well as many types of community resources.
- The Social Services Specialist position has a base hourly rate of $23.22, that is commensurate with experience.
- Social Services Specialists work in every unit of the hospital, and required shift for this position is Weekend Option from 8:00AM – 4:30PM, every Saturday and Sunday; 16 weekly hours.
What is required for this position:
- Master’s degree in Social Work or related Mental Health field from an accredited university required.
- Indiana Licensed Social Worker (LSW), Indiana Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC), or Indiana Licensed Mental Health Associate (LMHA) required or obtained within 60 days of employment.
- Indiana LCSW or equivalent Mental Health license preferred within two years of eligibility.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.