Location: Columbus Regional Hospital
Dept: 7102 Lab Core
Full Time, Nights, 40 hours
Requisition # 8288
What you need to know about this position:
- High tech lab that includes areas of Chemistry, Hematology, Coagulations, Urinalysis, Blood Bank and a full Microbiology Department
- High energy department utilizing a state of the art automation line, Epic Beaker and SoftBank LIS Systems
- This position has an hourly base rate of $23.00 and is commensurate with experience and could be eligible for shift differentials and Holiday premiums
- In this position you would be scheduled to work evenings; 40 weekly hours; 9:30PM – 7:00AM; 7 nights on, 7 nights off.
What is required for this position:
Education and/or Experience
- Associate Degree in Medical Technology from a two-year college or technical school and appropriate certification
- Bachelor's degree in medical technology or related science (e.g. Biology, Chemistry, etc) and completion of an accredited Clinical Lab Scientist program without certification
- Bachelor's degree and accepted into an accredited School of Medical Technology
- Undergraduate student in a 3+1 Medical Technology degree track and accepted into an accredited Medical Technology program
- Qualified as a 'Testing Person' under the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) 88 regulation for Laboratory Testing Personnel, e.g., grandfather clause for Department of Health Services (HHS) certificate holders.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
One of the following is required
- Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) certification from the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) – Not required for renewal (certification obtained prior to January 2004)
- Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) certification from American Society for C linical PathologyC M (ASCP)
- Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) certification from American Medical Technologists (AMT)
- Individuals with a bachelor's degree in medical technology or a related science and completion of an accredited Clinical Lab Scientist program without a current certification required to receive certification within the earliest of 6 months of employment or graduation.
- Individuals that are hired as a CRH sponsored Medical Technology Student and meet the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) 88 regulations as a testing person will not be required to hold a certification until completion of an accredited C linical Lab Scientist program. Once the program is completed the individual must receive certification within 6 months of graduation.
- Those individuals who have achieved a satisfactory grade in the Department of Health Services (HHS) (HEW) certification exam prior to January 1, 1990 will be considered to have met this job class requirement.
This position will require frequent standing walking, talking and listening, as well as lifting or moving up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 25 pounds
Must be able to use a microscope and have excellent hand-eye coordination, and distinguish colors
Must be able to maintain concentration with many interruptions and work in a high stress environment