Location: Columbus Regional Hospital
Dept: 6230 7T Inpatient Rehab
PRN, Nights, 4 hours
Requisition # 8313
What you need to know about this position:
- Our Inpatient Rehabilitation unit is a specialized unit dedicated to people recovering from strokes, amputations, brain and spinal cord injuries, orthopedic procedures and other debilitating conditions. High intensity medical management, nursing and rehabilitation therapies are provided daily to meet the patient's needs.
- We offer a nurse to patient ratio of 1:4.
- As a Patient Care Technician I you play an important role in our patient's experience and safety- you are typically the first face a patient sees when he/she enters the unit and the face he/she sees most frequently.
- Working with a nurse, you engage with patients through multiple activities including answering call lights and questions, providing assistance with daily living activities and taking vital signs.
- Our Patient Care Technician I on 7T Inpatient Rehabilitation have a starting hourly base rate of $15.00 and is commensurate with experience. In addition, this position is eligible for applicable shift differentials and Sunday/holiday premiums.
- The PRN position (7PM to 7:30AM) is not benefit eligible but offers a premium for hours worked, and the scheduled hours depend on the needs of the department and our patients.
What is required for this position:
- Upon hire you must have:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Verifiable work experience.
- Health care-related work experience is preferred.
- Within 30 days of hire you must have (CRH provides training and time to acquire certification after employment):
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- While being a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) is not required, we encourage CNAs to apply for our Patient Care Tech (PCT) positions.
- This position requires regular standing, is frequently required to walk and push or pull, occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear, and taste or smell. This position must frequently life and/or move greater than 50 lbs.