Location: Columbus Regional Hospital
Dept: 6420 Psychiatric Adult Unit
PRN, Days, 4 hours
Requisition # 8411
What you need to know about this position:
- Our Mental Health unit (housed on the Columbus Regional Health campus) is an 18-bed secure inpatient unit treating adults 18 and older who are experiencing acute mental illness.
- Social Services Specialist is a Master’s Level Professional with responsibility to provide an individualized program for the intensive treatment of mental disorders which includes a plan of care specific to each patient's circumstance and goals of the treatment.
- Typical responsibilities may include psychosocial assessment and planning, resource referral, discharge planning, mental health assessment, and meeting many other needs for patient and families.
- A Social Services Specialist in the Adult Mental Health unit have an houly base rate starting at $23.22 and is commensurate with experience and could be eligible for shift differentials and Sunday/holiday premiums.
- The day shift PRN position (8a-5p) is not benefit eligible but offers a premium for hours worked, and the scheduled hours depend on the needs of the department and our patients.
What is required for this position:
- Upon hire you must have:
- Master’s degree in Social Work or related Mental Health field from an accredited university required.
- Within 30 days of hire you must have (CRH will provide you time and resources to obtain certification):
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification through American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
- Within 60 days of hire you must have:
- Indiana Licensed Social Work (LSW), Indiana Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC), or Indiana Licensed Mental Health Associate (LMHA).
- Indiana Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or equivalent Mental Health license preferred within 2 years of eligibility.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects. The employee frequently stands or walks. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.