Location: Columbus Regional Hospital
Dept: 8203 Health Info Document Imaging
Full Time, Days, 40 hours
Requisition # 8529
What you need to know about this position:
- The Health Record Specialist is responsible for the picking up dismissal charts based on the established pick-up schedule. Responsible for prepping charts, scanning charts, quality review chart in the electronic document management system and cleaning/maintaining the scanners. This role will be responsible for quality control and validation for each document scanned then upload the documents into the electronic medical record. Responsible for the accurate completion of Release of Information requests from physician offices, other health care facilities, and patients by using the electronic medical record system. Responsible for providing support to physicians for electronic signature and chart completion as well as provide support for chart count and the delinquent/suspension process.
- The Health Record Specialist position has a starting base hourly rate of $15.00 that is commensurate with experience.
- The shift for this position is, 8:00AM – 5:00PM, Monday through Friday; 40 weekly hours
What is required for this position:
- GED or high school diploma required.
- 2 years Health Information experience or Associate Degree preferred.
Medical terminology and familiarity with medical records recommended.