Location: Columbus Regional Hospital
Dept: 6025 Central Telemetry
Part Time A, Nights, 24 hours
Requisition # 8595
What you need to know about this position:
- Recognized as one of the top 50 Cardiovascular Hospitals by IBM Watson Health, our Cardiac Stepdown/Telemetry unit (SDU) is a 17-bed unit with a nurse to patient ratio of 1:3-4.
- As a Patient Care Technician II you play an important role in our patient's experience and safety- you are typically the first face a patient sees when he/she enters the unit and the face he/she sees most frequently. You would also have additional duties to perform unique to the department such as performing cardiac monitoring and interpretation and Stat EKG.
- Working with a nurse, you engage with patients through multiple activities including answering call lights and questions, providing assistance with daily living activities and taking vital signs.
- Our Patient Care Technician II on Central Telemetry/2T Cardiac Stepdown Unit have a starting hourly base rate of $15.76 and is commensurate with experience. In addition, this position is eligible for applicable shift differentials and Sunday/holiday premiums.
- In this position you would be scheduled to work 2 – 12 hour night shifts (24 hours/week, considered part time) with start/end times of 7P to 7:30A with a holiday and weekend requirement.
- With at least 16 hours per week this position is benefit eligible.
What is required for this position:
- Upon hire you must have:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Verifiable work experience.
- Health care-related work experience is preferred.
- Within 30 days of hire you must have (CRH provides training and time to acquire certification after employment):
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- While being a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) is not required, we encourage CNAs to apply for our Patient Care Tech (PCT) positions.
- This position requires regular standing, is frequently required to walk and push or pull, occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear, and taste or smell. This position must frequently life and/or move greater than 50 lbs.