Location: Columbus Regional Hospital
Dept: 7185 Lab Anatomical Pathology
Full Time, Days, 40 hours
Requisition # 8970
What you need to know about this position:
- Busy Anatomical Pathology Laboratory with state of the art equipment, with the opportunity to work independently within a small group.
- The Histotechnologist position base pay rate is commensurate with education and experience.
- In this position you would be scheduled to work 5:00 AM – 1:30 PM, Monday through Friday; 40 weekly hours.
What is required for this position:
- Successful completion of a NAACLS accredited Histotechnician program within the last 5 years prior to the date of application for examination;
- High school graduation (or equivalent) and three years full time acceptable experience in histopathology, within the last ten years, under the supervision of a pathologist (certified by the American Board of Pathology in Anatomic Pathology, or eligible), or an appropriately certified medical scientist
- Histotechnician (HT) or Histotechnologist (HTL) certification through the American Society of Clinical Laboratory Science (ASCP) or equivalency through other accrediting agency preferred.