Location: Columbus Regional Hospital
Full Time, Days
Requisition # 91039320
Columbus Regional Health is a top-tier integrated health care system in Southeastern Indiana. CRH is conveniently located near metropolitan areas; Just 45 minutes from Indianapolis & 90 minutes from Louisville & Cincinnati.
Our world-class, culturally competent hospital & physician network consists of employed, independently contracted & Physician owned groups. We are expanding our innovation in cancer, heart, lung, & surgical care.
If you are a new or practicing Perfusionist with a desire to work with a wonderful team in a beautiful city, APPLY to Columbus Regional Health TODAY. For more information, please contact Pam Olson (email@example.com).
Columbus Regional Health offers the following for your success:
· Work-Life Balance through flexible scheduling
· Competitive Salary with Call Pay
· Sign-On Bonus
· Full benefit package (health, life, dental, vision, malpractice, etc.)
· CME allowance
· Matched retirement plan
· Midwest cost of living advantages
· Loan Forgiveness/Loan Repayment & more…
Come join our Perfusionist team with a dedicated CV staff. We perform 100 adult cardiac cases per year total. CRH performs CABG, Valves, & TAVR’s. This position is in Columbus IN, which is a satellite CV program of Indiana University Health. It has the autonomy of a smaller CV program backed by the care & compassion of a larger statewide team. Do you still get inspired by challenging & meaningful work for the good of every patient? Can you show compassion & serve with a purpose? We want people who aspire to excellence every day.
Individuals staffing this position perform clinical perfusion, which is defined as those functions necessary for the support or treatment of the cardiopulmonary/circulatory system of the patient. The Perfusionist operates extracorporeal circulation equipment during any medical situation where it is necessary to support or replace the patient’s cardiopulmonary/circulatory function & ensures the proper management of physiologic functions by monitoring the necessary variables.
Apply teamwork. Apply experience. Apply skill. Apply yourself. And together we can change everything.
· New graduates encouraged to apply.
· Requires perfusion experience in applying knowledge of biology, chemistry & physiology in a hospital operating room setting.
· Requires open heart surgery & surgical perfusion procedure experience.
· Requires the ability to detect meaningful changes in the patient’s condition & use appropriate judgment in determining what changes should be brought to the attention of the surgeon or anesthesiologist.
· Requires the ability to make immediate decisions & to respond quickly with appropriate actions during surgery based upon equipment readings & analysis of data.
· Requires the ability to operate, troubleshoot, & maintain a wide variety of cardiovascular perfusion, life support, & blood salvage equipment, instrumentation & supplies.
· Applicants to this position with training completed after April 15, 1981 are required to maintain cardiovascular perfusion certification (or to be eligible for the perfusion certification examination process).
· Requires Basic Life Support certification through the AHA. Other advanced life support certifications may be required per unit/department specialty according to patient care policies.
· Applicants who have completed perfusion training after April 15, 1981 are required to have completed satisfactorily their clinical & didactic coursework from an accredited perfusion training program.