Location: Columbus Regional Hospital
Dept: 6420 Psychiatric Adult Unit
Full Time, Days, 32 hours
Requisition # 9359
What you need to know about this position:
- Our Mental Health unit (housed on the Columbus Regional Health campus) is an 18-bed secure inpatient unit treating adults 18 and older who are experiencing acute mental illness.
- We provide an individualized program for the intensive treatment of mental disorders which includes a plan of care specific to each patient's circumstance and goals of the treatment.
- As a Mental Technician you play an important role in our patient's experience and safety; you are typically the first face a patient sees when he/she enters the unit and the face he/she sees most frequently.
- Working with a nurse, you engage with patients through multiple activities including answering call lights and questions, providing assistance with daily living activities and taking vital signs. Additionally, you contribute to providing a safe and therapeutic environment which could include providing 1:1 supervision, utilizing crisis prevention intervention techniques for deescalation and leading patient group meetings.
- Our Mental Health Technicians in the Mental Health unit have an hourly base rate starting at $15.00 and is commensurate with experience. In addition, this position is eligible for shift differentials and Sunday/holiday premiums.
- In this position you would be scheduled to work 4 -8 hour shifts (32 hours/week, considered full time) with start/end times of both 7am-3:30pm with a holiday and weekend requirement.
What is required for this position:
- Upon hire you must have:
- AA or equivalent from two-year college or technical school or 6 months to 1 year related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Within 30 days of hire you must have:
- Basic life Support (BLS) certification.
- Within 60 days of hire you must have:
- Handle with Care Certification.
- Bachelors degree in behaviorally related field or at least 2 years of related experience and/or training is preferred.
- This position requires regular standing, is frequently required to walk and push or pull, occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear, and taste or smell. This position must frequently lift and/or move greater than 100 lbs.