Location: Columbus Regional Hospital
Dept: 8205 CRHP Coding
Full Time, Days, 40 hours
Requisition # 9374
Potential for signing bonus on select Certified Outpatient Coder positions!
Ask CRH Recruiting about eligibility requirements via email or phone (812-376-JOBS or 5627).
What you need to know about this position:
- This 100% remote (at home) coding position has a flexible schedule from anywhere within the United States
The hourly range for this position is between $21.24 and $31.86. Individual compensation is determined for this position through years of directly relevant experience. The hourly compensation is only a portion of the total rewards package and a comprehensive benefits program is available for qualifying positions.
Compensation is competitive based on your years of experience working as a Certified Outpatient Coder.
What is required for this position:
- One of the following will be required
- Associate’s Degree from a Health Information Technology Program
- Bachelor’s Degree from Health Information Administration Program
- Certificate from a coding program
- Equivalent combination of a healthcare related degree and experience
- A score of 75% or higher on the Outpatient Coding Assessment Tool is required to qualify fo interview
- Certification in one of the following within 12 months of hire required
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS)
- Certified Coding Specialist – Physician Based (CCS-P)
- Certified Outpatient Coder (COC)
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
- Certified Inpatient Coder (CIC)
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations, coding educational materials, CPT assistant publications and Coding Clinic periodicals
- Prior physician office coding experience preferred
- Experience with coding denials preferred