Location: Columbus Regional Hospital
Dept: 8502 Patient Registration & Schedulin
Full Time, Days, 40 hours
Requisition # 9467
What you need to know about this position:
- Housed in a state of the art new facility designed using voice of the customer, our Emergency department has 28 acute care rooms and 5 Rapid Medical Assessment rooms providing optimal patient experience and work flow.
- As a high energy department with 100% of physicians Board Certified in Emergency Medicine, we see an average of 45,000 patients per year.
- Our registration team of 20 work closely with the clinical team to provide a positive focused experience for every patient that reflects The Way We Care.
- As the Patient Registration ED Coordinator, you are responsible for staffing, directing and controlling the daily activities of the Patient Registration ED Department. The successful candidate will be able/willing to evaluate performance (based on quality and productivity), ability to audit account work, and provide feedback as well as training/education/mentoring to frontline staff. They will also have the ability to react quickly to diverse situations without feelings of being overwhelmed, and be willing to take on whatever may be required to meet the operational and patient needs at any given time/setting.
- Our Patient Registration ED Coordinator position has an hourly base rate of $21.92 and is commensurate with experience and could be eligible for shift differentials and Sunday/holiday premiums.
- In this position you will work a flexible start/end time 40 hours a week schedule with a primary focus from 8:00 AM – 5:00PM.
- The Coordinator will have a quality focus role with included staffing coverage requirements. The training and staffing requirements will include evening/weekend coverage.
What is required for this position:
- Upon hire you must have one of the following:
- One year certificate from college or technical school
- Three to six months related experience and/or training
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to work with Microsoft Word, Excel and other software programs. Must be familiar with special terms such as legal or medical.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and push or pull. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.