Location: Columbus Regional Hospital
Dept: 8406 Purchasing Services
Full Time, Days, 40 hours
Requisition # 9532
ABOUT THIS POSITION:
Full time – 40 hours/week; Monday – Friday; 7:30A – 4P;
The Purchasing Agent position has a base rate of $18.98 per hour, and is commensurate with experience
- This position performs a variety of purchasing functions. Duties include placing orders, processing returns, invoice matching, maintaining files, expediting orders and information system data entry. Participates in negotiations, monitoring of supply contracts and participation in the Value Analysis process. This position does not provide direct patient care.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates and performs all order processing functions including, but not limited to, composing, transmitting, verifying and expediting purchase orders established through the standard requisitioning process.
- Coordinates and performs the following functions as related to the process of material returns to vendors including, but not limited to: – Securing appropriate information from vendor to facilitate a smooth and timely return (i.e. shipping location, authorization number, etc.)
- Maintains record of any credit due and forwards to accounting department.
- Assists accounting in the acquisition of delinquent credits.
- Secures and confirms information as well as performs data entry functions into the material management information system as related to timely item file maintenance (i.e. vendor information, item number, price, etc.) custom requisitions, report generation, invoice approval, etc.
- Maintains orderly, accurate and current team files and records as required.
- Controls vendor access to in-house/off-site departments through confirmation of meeting/appointments.
- Drafts RFP's to qualified vendors/manufacturers for review by the Purchasing Manager.
- Prepares for and participates in team negotiations with vendors.
- Independently sources multiple sources for procurement of supplies and items meeting defined specifications.
- Responsible for achieving targeted cost savings goals.
- Maintains, reviews and monitors current supply contracts and agreements with vendors and group purchasing organizations.
- Compiles data to assist in supplier certification process.
- Performs initial value analysis functions for new or substitute products.
- Identifies and actively owns systems/product/equipment problem resolutions.
- Assists with physical inventories
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- One of the following required:
- Bachelor's degree
- Two years experience in purchasing, database management, project management, inventory, or billing.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: