Location: Columbus Regional Hospital
Dept: 6270 Neuro-Diagnostics
Weekend Option, Nights, 34 hours
Requisition # 9684
What you need to know about this position:
- The Sleep Diagnostics Center is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Health Care. The center has 6 bedrooms, offers testing 7 nights a week. The center employs (3) Board Certified Sleep Physicians, (4) Board Registered Sleep Technologists (RPSGT), (3) Registered Respiratory Therapists (RRT), and (1) Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT).
- The center is state of the art; using Cadwell, ResMed, and Nonin softwares, a variety of PAP masks. The Cadwell system interfaces with the electronic medical record, which is Epic.
- The Center is located on the Columbus Regional Hospital campus with around the clock security, and convenient employee parking. The building is both beautiful and serene, offering seasonal gardens, water features and fountains, a fireplace and sofas in the lobby. The centers appearance is reminiscent of a high-end hotel.
- Our Polysomnographic Technologist position has a base hourly rate of $23.35 that is commensurate with experience.
- In this position you would be scheduled to work night shifts (34 hours/week, considered full time) with start/end times of 7PM to 7:30AM over weekend Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- The Weekend Option position offers a premium for hours worked between Friday at 3pm and Monday at 7:30am.
- *To be eligible for Weekend option position, at least 2 years of experience within department preferred but not required.
- With at least 16 hours per week this position is benefit eligible.
What is required for this position:
- Graduation from an accredited Polysomnography Program or equivalent training and experience
- One year of experience preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required
- Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT) by Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists (BRPT) or Registered Sleep Technologist (RST) credentialed by the American board of Sleep Medicine (ABSM)
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals